Everybody is talking about kale and how to prepare it to feed your baby. Kale is a Super Duper Green! Get your baby used to the flavor and stir a kale cube into your baby’s Super Porridge as often as possible!
To prepare Kale:
- swish in a sink full of cold water
- remove the stems
- Place washed greens in a dish and cover. (Don’t add water, the rinsing water still left clinging to the leaves is enough for cooking)
- Microwave on high about 7 minutes per pound.
- Stir halfway through cooking time.
- Let stand covered for 2 minutes
- Puree and freeze using the Food Cube Method for up to 2 months.
Baby must be at least 9 months old for cooked greens, 10 months old for finely chopped raw greens.
The FDA cautions that nitrates in kale, and other vegetables, could be dangerous to your baby before he is 7 months old.
Here is more information about nitrates in baby food from www.wholesomebabyfood.com.
Enjoy your kale!Pin It